Accessorizing the catwalk at Balmain’s SS14 show were these stunning PVC chained belts. Bold, bright and beautiful; these belts bring back the fabulous 80s and I can’t resist taking inspiration for a little DIY project of my own.
I don’t tend to wear a lot of belts, so I decided to downsize slightly and make an eye-catching PVC chained cuff instead. This project can be time-consuming as it involves a lot of repetitive hand-stitching, if you just put on an episode of something; the time will fly by and you’ll be done before you know it!
What you need:
- PVC – cut into a thick rectangle that measures around your wrist.
- Black thread
- Bronze chain
- Thick gold chain
- Thin black ribbon
- Sharp & thick sewing needle
- Leather hole puncher
- Using the leather hole puncher, punch 6 sets of holes on either end of the PVC.
- Thread the black ribbon through the bottom pair of holes on one side of the PVC.
- Using the needle and black thread, begin to sew the chain to the edge of the PVC. Secure at the end with a knot.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Using the needle and black thread, loosely attach the gold chain to the middle of the PVC, by stitching either end of the chain to the cuff.
This eye-catching cuff perfectly compliments black lace and contrasts beautifully against bright Spring colours. A great stand-alone piece that channels the flashy fun of (one of my favourite brands) Balmain’s SS14 look without having to steady yourself for the inevitable price tag!