I saw a similar recipe on Pinterest the other day and immediately knew I had to replicate it. Unlike other Pinterest posts that are deceptively described as simple but end up being a nightmare to make, these delicious pita pizzas are super easy and totally versatile.
What you need (serves 2)
- 2 wholewheat pita bread
- 6 brussels sprouts – sliced
- Buffalo Mozzarella – sliced
- 2 -3 slices of Feta Cheese – crumbled
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the pita bread on a baking rack, place a few slices of mozzarella on each bread.
- Top with sliced brussels sprouts, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place under a high grill for 5-10 mins until the cheese melts and sprouts start to brown.
- Top with feta cheese and return under the grill for a few minutes.
Low fat, delicious and filling; these pita pizzas are an awesome alternative to junk food that make a truly yummy midweek dinner or weekend lunch!