There’s been a serious trend lately for anything monogrammed. Reminds me of school days when I had to embroider my name into the tags of my clothes…luckily the trend nowadays is significantly more stylish than nylon name tags. I recently saw a collection of wristlet clutches from Anthropologie with initials monogrammed onto the front using quirky beads, rhinestones, metal work. Suffice to say it was “covet at first sight”.
What you need:
- Small wristlet bag/clutch
- Flat-based beads (mix of metal, pearls, crystal)
- Flat-based rhinestone chain
- Contact Adhesive
- Using the contact adhesive, glue the rhinestone chain to your clutch in the shape of the desired initial (in my case, a “V”).
- Continue gluing the other beads around the rhinestone to bulk it out a little bit. This can call for as much bling expression as you want!
- Leave to dry.
A truly simple DIY that can turn a bag from plain to personalized – this way I don’t have to worry about someone else “borrowing” my stuff like in school!….that is, unless their name starts with a V too….