I really enjoy using cords when it comes to designing jewellery – the interplay between textures and versatility makes it a great material that can be dressed up or down. If you wanted to go bold and bright, you may want to check out the DIY Proenza Schouler inspired necklace, if you wanted something with a bit of edge, you could check out the DIY Zara inspired necklace , if however, you wanted something more minimalist, then today’s DIY might be for you.
What you need:
- Thick Black Cord
- Mixed Metal Rings – make sure the hole is wide enough for the cord to fit through.
- Toggle Clasp
- 2 Jump rings
- Metal end fastenings
- Contact Adhesive
- Measure out and cut the cord to your desired length. Seal the ends with a lighter.
- Slip the rings onto the cord.
- Squeeze a dollop of contact adhesive into the metal end fastenings and push the ends of the cord in. Leave to dry.
- Using the jump rings, attach both ends of the toggle clasp into the two metal fastenings.
Simple and chic: this minimalist necklace oozes sophistication whilst retaining an element of modernity. Being so simple, it can be easily matched with a number of different trends, thus making it a truly timeless piece.