Spicy, smoky, sticky delicious – this chipotle grilled pork is a wonderful weekend dish that can be prepared on the BBQ grill or under the oven grill. With a hint of South American spice, this pork should be served with warmed tortillas and plenty of cold beer!
What you need: (serves 2)
- Pork Tenderloin
- 1 small red onion – half sliced thinly, half thickly
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves – unpeeled
- 3 tomatoes – halved
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Put the thinly sliced onion in a bowl and pour the lime juice over – mix & let this stand, pickle for at least 30 mins.
- Dry toast the garlic cloves on the pan until the outside starts to blacken, then peel.
- Arrange the tomatoes and thickly sliced onion on a baking tray, place under the oven grill until the tomatoes start to blacken.
- Tip the tomatoes, onions, garlic, chipotle, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tbsp sugar, salt and pepper into a blender and whizz till smooth.
- Rub the pork with the remainder of the chili powder, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper. Grill on the BBQ or under the oven grill until cooked through and the pork starts to brown.
- Slice and cover with spoonfuls of the chipotle sauce. Scatter coriander on top.
- Serve with warm tortillas, the pickled red onion, limes, smashed avocado and extra chilies