Last time I used PVC plastic when DIYing, I was collaborating with Sara’s Henna and made a Henna’d Bib Necklace. This time I thought I’d go for a more dramatic look and the results were even better than I expected. Taking inspiration from brands such as Swarovski and Shourouk, this DIY is a perfect cheats version of a statement chunky Hollywood-worthy jewel necklace.
What you need:
- PVC Plastic
- 5 types of flat-based crystals (I used a mix of blue, matte silver, clear and black)
- Gunmetal chain – cut into 2 lengths
- 3 Jump rings
- 1 Lobster Clasp
- Contact Adhesive
- Using a marker pen, draw out the below outline of the bib necklace on the PVC and cut it out with a pair of scissors. The bend in the necklace should fit neatly around your neck.
- Using the contact adhesive, glue the flat-based crystals onto the PVC. Mix up the clusters using all the different types of crystals. Leave to dry.
- Using a sharp bradawl, poke two holes in either end of the bib. Hook a jump ring through each hole and attach each to a length of chain.
- Attach the remaining two jump rings to the ends of the chains and add the lobster clasp to one of those jump rings.
This bib necklace is a perfect contrasting accessory to wear over a buttoned shirt or make a statement with a LBD. Chic, elegant and eye-catching…not to mention incredibly quick and easy, you’d be mad not to try this DIY for yourself!