There are plenty of parties and events over the holiday season that are a perfect excuse to dress up and have fun. I love playing around with more ostentatious head fashion pieces such as my DIY Pom Pom Headband or DIY 1920s style Headband but that usually means I can’t go too OTT with my other accessories. This demure DIY Box Chain Necklace is subtle yet sparkly and the perfect addition to either my party or my casual winter wardrobe.
What you need:
- Box Chain – 2-3″ long
- Thin gold chain – 12-14″ long
- Small jump ring
- 2 large jump rings
- Lobster Clasp
- Glitter nail polish
- On a sheet of scrap paper, paint your box chain with the glitter nail polish. Leave to dry.
- Once dried, take the box chain and attach a large jump ring to one end.
- At the other end, thread the thin gold chain through the box chain and attach back onto itself using the small jump ring so as to form a connecting loop.
- At the other end of the thin gold chain, attach the other large jump ring and lobster clasp.
See how easy that it? You can further bling this DIY up for the holidays by using different coloured glitter polish – use ruby red or go darker with some midnight sparkle. Either way, this necklace works well layered with other thin necklaces or on its own. I like the mix of the box chain which is chunky and masculine with the more feminine and demure thin chain – contrast is key!