So we’re moving firmly into “event season” now – once everyone returns from their summer shenanigans; from September through till Christmas there seems to be a party, soirée, shindig, show and gathering every other night. With that in mind, I fancied DIYing a simple yet eye-catching bit of head fashion for the coming season. This headband is fab and totally versatile – dressed up or down, I have no doubt I’ll be getting plenty of use out of it over the next couple of months!
What you need:
- Thin headband
- 6-7 plastic “crystal” beads
- Thin gold wire
- Gold Thread
- Hot glue gun
- Cut a length of gold wire, twice the length of the headband.
- Begin to twist the gold wire around one end of the head band.
- When you get a quarter of the way up the headband, thread the crystal beads onto the wire and continue to twist the wire around the headband to secure them.
- Carry on twisting the wire down the end of the headband.
- Plug the glue gun in and heat up the glue. Squeeze a dollop onto the underside of the headband and begin to twist the gold thread around the headband (over the gold wire)
- Continue twisting the gold thread over the entire headband. Squeeze a dollop of hot glue on the other end of the headband to secure the gold thread.
I absolutely love this DIY headband, it’s so unbelievably easy to make and you will feel and look like a modern-day fashion princess sporting this gorgeous piece of head fashion. Bring on the parties – I’m ready to rock this look!