We’ve been having the most dismal summer here in Hong Kong, it’s been nothing but rainy doom and gloom. So, I decided that I needed to inject some much needed brightness into my life and into my accessories closet (more like a drawer really…) Mixing sparkly bling and neon?! Surely that’s too much?! Surely I’ve gone too far?! Why, of course not, if you’ve been on my blog before, you’ll be well aware of my philosophy of “more is better”! And this DIY is so simple you’d be mad not to try it for yourself! Seriously, check out the stop-motion video below and tell me it’s not simple…
What you need:
- Rhinestone Chain (at least 3 stones wide)
- Neon embroidery thread (1 length about 4x the length of the rhinestone chain)
- 2 large silver jump rings
- 1 silver lobster clasp
- Silver chain (about 1″ long)
- Thread both ends of the thread up from the back, through the two holes in the middle of the rhinestone chain. Leave at least 1.5″ slack at the end. Tie a knot in the thread under the rhinestones. Cut the slack and secure with a drop of superglue.
- Cross the two lengths of thread in between the rhinestones and wrap over the side of the chain.
- Thread the two lengths back up through the next two holes in the rhinestone chain.
- Continue crossing and threading the thread back, up and over the rhinestone chain until it’s covered the entire length of the chain.
- Tie a knot under the other end of the rhinestone chain once you’ve finished weaving. Cut the slack and secure with a drop of superglue.
- Slip the lobster clasp onto a jump ring and hook the jump ring into one of the knots.
- Slip one end of the silver chain onto the other jump ring and hook the jump ring onto the other knot.
Obviously this is simply a blank canvas upon which you can express your inner creativity! Go nuts!