I was absolutely gutted when I discovered un-erasable dirt marks on one of my oldest and favourite clutches (yes, it’s white…unavoidable risk I suppose!) but with every cloud there’s a silver lining! It was a perfect opportunity to try and refashion my old favourite. Luckily for me, the white clutch was like a blank canvas and so I decided to take inspiration from artist Jackson Pollock. Famous for his “paint splatter” paintings, Pollock’s abstract style served as perfect inspiration for this simple refashion DIY!
What you need:
- Nail Polish (I used bright neon colours)
- Bin Bag
- Spread a bin bag out flat in a well-ventilated area.
- Wipe the clutch with a damp cloth and dry.
- Take your nail polishes and alternate splattering the paint onto one side of the clutch
- Leave to dry then flip and repeat with the other side.
This simple refashioning trick is so simple and versatile you can literally take whatever colours, paint in any style and on pretty much any item – phone covers, clutches, PVC plastic (similar to the Henna Bib DIY I made recently), old heels…the possibilities are endless! All hail the power of nail polish!
How would you upstyle using nail polish? Happy DIYing!