Believe it or not, it is possible to merge scrumptiously indulgent food with the healthy stuff! Shocking, I know! I’m trying to be as good as possible when it comes to my eating but every now and then I just can’t help myself and crave something crispy, savoury and delicious. So, this recipe is great for “cheat days” because you’re still getting your greens but can be a bit of a pig at the same time (awesome)!
For the crispy chicken:
1 Chicken Thigh (skin on)
2 tbsp corn starch
Salt & Pepper
For the Salad:
Romaine Lettuce – chopped
Peppers – red, yellow & green – cubed/strong>
Handful Cherry Tomatoes – quartered
Handful Butter Beans
Cucumber – sliced
For the Honey Mustard dressing:
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp olive oil
Salt & Pepper
1. Mix the corn starch, salt and pepper together and coat the chicken thigh.
2. In a frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil.
3. While the oil is heating up, prepare the salad – mix the chopped lettuce, peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, butter beans.
4. Once the oil is hot enough (test this by sprinkling a little bit of flour in the oil, it should start to sizzle), place the chicken thigh skin down in the oil.
5. Once the chicken has cooked about halfway up, flip it over and begin to fry on the other side.
6. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the dressing by mixing the mustard, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper together.
7. Once the chicken is cooked through, transfer onto a sheet of kitchen roll to drain the excess oil.
8. Place the chicken on top of the salad and drizzle with the honey mustard dressing.
So beyond delicious, this salad makes a great weekend lunch – satisfying and filling but doesn’t leave you feeling bloated and uncomfortable.