Bruschetta is probably one of my favourite things to make (and eat), firstly they’re really simple to put together, they’re great at using up ingredients and they’re perfect for gatherings or intimate dinners! Traditionally made with chopped fresh tomatoes, basil and olive oil; this particular bruschetta has a slightly different twist but is still fresh and delicious- yum!
- Baguette – sliced
- Dolcelatte Gorgonzola (the blue cheese is optional but if you do use it, it needs to be creamy. So, no Stilton!)
- 2-3 Mushrooms per slice of baguette – sliced
- Handful of chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Drizzle the baguette slices with a little olive oil and stick it under the grill.
- While the baguette is toasting, gently fry the mushrooms in a shallow pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Once the baguette starts to get some colour, spread a teaspoon of gorgonzola on the slices and return under the grill. Don’t let the cheese get too runny – just warm it gently under the grill.
- Once the mushrooms have browned nicely take them off the heat and mix in the chopped parsley, another drizzle of olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Take the baguette slices out from the grill and spoon some of the mushrooms on top.
I could eat this kind of stuff all day everyday, total foodporn!