Prawn cocktail is certainly an oldie but a goodie in my book, however the marie rose sauce that usually drenches the delicious crustaceans isn’t exactly kind to the waistline. So, this sandwich recipe is a healthier alternative to the much loved prawn cocktail sandwich!
What you need:
- 1 Large Tortilla
- 5 Tiger Prawns – shelled and cleaned (if you’re using frozen, obviously defrost before shelling)
- 2-3 inches of cucumber – cored and cut into small chunks
- Natural Yoghurt
- Salt & Pepper
- Blanch the prawns in a saucepan – bring the water to boil, then drop in the prawns and turn the heat down. Remove when the prawns become opaque.
- Cut the cooked prawns in half.
- In a bowl, mix the prawns, cucumber, natural yoghurt, paprika and dill together. Season to taste.
- Warm the tortilla in the microwave, add the prawn mix on top. Sprinkle with more paprika and dill.
- Serve with lemon juice.
This wrap makes a brilliant lunch that can be made ahead of time or quickly if you’re on the go. A fresh, easy, delicious and healthy meal for any day of the week