You may have noticed that I’ve been posting a lot of recipes (and healthy recipes at that) recently. If you didn’t already know, I’m currently doing the Cambridge Weight Plan which allows me one small healthy meal a day alongside 3 meal “replacements”. As a result I have to make sure I really enjoy what I’m eating as well as ensuring it’s low-cal, low-fat, low-carb and just generally good for me (they can actually go hand in hand believe it or not!).
What you need:
- Half a carrot – grated
- 1 Small Beetroot (pre-cooked but NOT pickled) – chopped
- 1.5 tbsp of natural yoghurt
- 1 Tortilla
- In a bowl, mix the carrot, beetroot and yoghurt together. Season to taste.
- Lay the tortilla out flat, spoon the veggie mix onto the tortilla.
- Roll one side of the tortilla over the mixture, fold in either side and continue to roll. Et voilà – wrapped!
If you’re not a beetroot fan (uhhh what’s the matter with you!?), you can easily take the beetroot out and substitute the yoghurt for some houmous and a pinch of dried chili. What I’ve found when it comes to making super healthy stuff is to highlight flavour – there’s nothing worse than having to eat bland small portions.