You’ve heard of “Beans on Toast” and “Eggs on Toast”…to be fair if the boyfriend has taught me anything; it’s that anything can go on toast. That being said, my favourite at the moment is definitely this simple and healthy recipe: Sweetcorn on Toast.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup of Frozen Sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp cottage cheese
- 1 Slice wholewheat bread – toasted
- Toast the bread.
- In a bowl, pour boiling water over the frozen sweetcorn. Drain after 3-4 mins.
- In a frying pan, drizzle a little olive oil and add the red onion. Gently fry till they start to colour.
- Add the sweetcorn and warm through.
- In another bowl, mix the cottage cheese with the sweetcorn mix. Season to taste.
- Serve on top of the toast.
Sweetcorn is quite high in sugar so it’s not the “healthiest” of veggies out there but this dish makes a lovely weekend treat. You can easily add other veggies to this dish too – some spinach leaves, rocket or chopped cauliflower. I added some leftover roasted pumpkin this time round. Delicious!