How can something this delicious be low-cal?! Believe it! This revamped egg and tomato sandwich is total food-porn and I can’t get enough. Perhaps this is the veggie/healthy version of McDonald’s Egg McMuffin (which, don’t worry – still has a place in my foodie-heart!)…
What you need:
- English Muffin (wholewheat is best)
- Small handful of cherry tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes and mix in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
- Poach the egg – if you don’t want to have to deal with the mess of a saucepan, wrap the egg in a small sheet of cling-film (plastic wrap) with a smear of oil. Bring water to the boil in a saucepan, pop the wrapped egg parcel in and turn down the heat.
- Lightly toast the english muffin.
- Load the tomatoes onto one half of the muffin, top with the poached egg, sprinkle with salt & pepper then top with the other half of the muffin.
This makes a fantastic breakfast, brunch or lunch dish. If it’s not quite filling enough, you can make each half of the muffin into an open-sandwich; eggs benedict-style!