I’m sort of semi-couchridden at the moment, I was in hospital for almost a week with DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis for those who haven’t heard of it) and am now in recovery mode. Unfortunately, the leg is taking a bit of time to get back to normal so I’ve been taking it easy, staying at home and catching up on some of my favourite things: DIYing, blogging, baking, photographing…yep that’s right, I’m already starting to get cabin fever.
So, in an effort to cheer myself up, I wanted a little something to satisfy my (rare) sweet-cravings. Now, I wouldn’t say I have a sweet-tooth, quite the opposite actually: give me crisps over choccie everytime! That being said, sometimes I do fancy something a bit sweeter, but I’m so sick of cake recipes for a dozen cupcakes/muffins/brownies/cookies – there’s always at least 9 or 10 left over! So, here’s a great recipe that makes two delicious Cookies ‘n Cream muffins. Perfect with a spot of tea in the afternoon!
What you need:
- 1 egg white
- 2.5 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1.5 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 crumbled Oreos
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white and sugar till it’s frothy. Add the butter, vanilla and milk; continue whisking. Finally, add the flour, baking powder and Oreos. Mix fully.
- Place two cupcake liners on a cupcake tray or individual ramekins. Separate the batter into two.
- Bake for 20 mins. Leave to cool on a rack.
- Add an Oreo on top. Enjoy!
For more information on DVT, you can check out the official Bupa page for “Deep Vein Thrombosis”.