You may recall I wrote a DIY tutorial for an “Icicle-inspired Necklace” a while back. It was massive, totally fab, totally eye-catching and whilst I definitely got a lot of use out of it; I felt like it was time to do a little refashioning. I am a complete advocate for refashioning – it’s awesome, you can re-create something unique and beautiful using items you already own. You can be creative whilst pinching pennies and being environmentally friendly.
What you need:
- Plastic “chandelier” beads – a mix of shapes & sizes.
- Fishing wire
- 2 clam shell bead tips
- 2 medium jump rings
- 2 lengths of ribbon
- Cut a length of fishing wire. Tie a double knot in one end, slip the bead tip onto the wire and close it over the knot to secure.
- String the beads onto the fishing wire.
- Slip the other bead tip onto the other end of the wire, tie a double knot in the wire and close the bead tip over the knot to secure.
- Hook each jump ring on either bead tip.
- Thread one ribbon length through the jump ring. Once the jump ring is sitting in the middle of the ribbon, tie a secure knot.
- Repeat with the other ribbon length.
- Tie knots at the ends of the ribbon lengths.
This refashioned necklace just screams “winter wonderland” to me so it’s absolutely perfect for the holiday season! Pair it over a high necked dark jumper or with a party dress for the ideal Christmas outfit!