If you didn’t already gather – I love Christmas; the lead-up, the food, the drinks, the gift-buying (or making!), the music and the decorating. It fills me with that warm fuzzy feeling and I love to go all out. When we got the Christmas decorations out for the tree however, as per usual, there were a number of decorations and baubles that got broken or scratched in storage. Usually people would just chuck the faulty ones away and buy new ones…but I have a great solution that is both environmentally friendly and will help make your tree and home look great!
In my opinion, a little bit of glitter can make anything look party-ready and fabulous. So, when I found a bunch of baubles at the bottom of the box that looked tired, scratched and didn’t have their hanging threads; I decided to do a little DIY refashioning…with glitter! The result – awesome “new” baubles ready to hang on my tree!
What you need:
- Christmas baubles
- Double-sided sticky tape
- Red and Green glitter
- Red ribbon
- Stick a length of double-sided tape along the middle of one of the baubles.
- Over a sheet of newspaper, lightly sprinkle the glitter onto the tape. Rotate the bauble as you sprinkle.
- Lightly tap the bauble to shake off any excess glitter.
- String a ribbon through the top of the bauble and tie a knot.
- Repeat with the other baubles & other glitter.
These look absolutely wicked hung on my tree, when the twinkling lights catch the glitter it makes the tree look like it’s sparkling. Dim the lights, turn on some Christmas tunes and snuggle up with a mug of hot mulled wine – absolute perfection!