I really love making gifts for friends, I truly feel that by making a gift for a friend, I can make it personalized and show I care a lot. I’m a gift-giving person by nature so I really love that feeling when I’ve given someone a gift that they love. This particular DIY today is in fact a gift I’m going to be giving to a friend…I’m not saying who (obviously don’t want to ruin the surprise…obviously hope she likes it), but it’s such a fantastic DIY that I just had to share it with all my lovelies! So incredibly easy and yet such an elegant gift – can’t go wrong!
What you need:
- Thick velvet ribbon – about 13″ long
- Flat ended ring
- Jump ring
- Contact adhesive
- Fold over a couple of cm on one end of the ribbon.
- Using the contact adhesive, glue the end of the ribbon back on itself (this is the cheats version of sealing the end – saves you the sewing and works just as well!)
- Slip the flat ended ring onto the other end of the ribbon.
- Fold the other end of the ribbon over the ring and secure with contact adhesive.
- Using the jump ring, hook the pendant onto the round end of the ring.
- Leave to dry.
I’m still amazed how something so easy to make can look so great and make such a fantastic gift (fingers crossed). I feel like the velvet ribbon gives a somewhat vintage-inspired, Victorian feel to it and I just love that it’s a different and unexpected way of using pendants. Simply – love!