Chocolate covered strawberries are awesome. I don’t feel like I even need to emphasize how much I love them. They’re great for parties because they can be made ahead of time and they’re mini bites of deliciousness. They’re pretty easy to make but I’ve come across a really cute cheat tip when it comes to making them that I thought I’d share with you here today.
What you need:
- Ice Tray
- 12 Small-Medium strawberries
- Half bag of chocolate chips
- Wash and core the strawberries.
- Slowly melt the chocolate chips in a saucepan over a low-medium heat.
- Place a strawberry in each individual ice tray segment.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the strawberries.
- Leave in the freezer overnight to set.
- Break off individual blocks of chocolate covered strawberries.
How easy is that?! Now you can easily make these ahead of any party, they don’t take up too much room in the fridge/freezer and are easy to serve. You can add some different flavours to the chocolate whilst it’s melting to make these a bit more special – dried chilli flakes (who doesn’t love chilli-chocolate!?), grated orange peel (for that Christmas flavour) or some dark rum (for adults only!) The possibilities are endless so give these a go for yourself!