You may recall, I wrote a DIY tutorial for a Citrus Body Scrub back in the summer; this scrub was awesome, it left my skin feeling silky smooth, soft and hydrated and best of all it was completely natural as I knew exactly what was in it. So, in the spirit of Christmas and gift-giving I thought this scrub would make a fantastic gift for any lovely lady. I’ve altered it slightly from the original tutorial, but essentially it’s using the same base ingredients.
What you need:
- 1 lemon
- A handful of basil leaves
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1.5 cups of olive oil
- Clean Jar (you can easily buy these from any $10 stores or even IKEA)
- Chop the lemon into slices – discard the two end slices and try to remove all the pips. Put the lemon and basil in the blender and whizz it all up.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar and olive oil till it has a thick sandy consistency.
- Add the lemon and basil mix into the bowl with the sugar. Mix well.
- Spoon the scrub into the jar. Secure with the lid
- Tie the ribbon around the jar, under the lid.
You can easily make a cute label for the jar using a black sharpie, gold pen and big white sticky label (all available at a multitude of stationary stores!) This is a great gift idea because you can make plenty and share it out amongst your friends & loved ones. Mix it up with different flavours – you can make it more Christmassy by using “Orange, Cinnamon & Cloves” or make a relaxing “Lavender Salt Scrub” (simply substitute the sugar for coarse sea salt and use lavender oil and dried lavender flowers). I personally love Lemon & Basil because it’s got a zingy get-up-and-go smell that is perfect for those cold, dark winter mornings.