I’m totally obsessed with “arm-parties” at the moment, I can’t seem to stop stacking more and more bracelets, bangles and cuffs around my wrists – honestly, it’s a fantastically fashionable way of working your biceps! This DIY is a great addition to the arm party, easy to make, extremely versatile and not too heavy (so you can keep stacking ’em and stacking ’em!)
What you need:
- Black embroidery thread
- White embroidery thread
- 2 different silver charms
- 1 silver charm with two rings attached
- 3 jump rings
- 1 lobster clasp
- Measure your wrist and cut 4 lengths of black and 2 lengths of white each piece 4 times the circumference of your wrist.
- Thread 2 lengths of black and 1 length of white thread through one of the rings of the charm. Tie a secure knot.
- Braid the threads into a zipper bracelet – exactly like this previous Zipper Friendship Bracelet DIY.
- Repeat on the other side with the other 3 threads (2 black and 1 white).
- Using a jump ring, attach one of the charms to one side of the bracelet.
- Attach a lobster clasp to one end of the bracelet using a jump ring.
- Attach the other charm to the other end of the bracelet using the remaining jump rings.
- Trim the ends of each side of the bracelet and squeeze a few drops of superglue on each knot to secure.
Et voila! So simple to make it’s impossible to stop at one and I for sure will not be stopping at just one! I’ve come across a bunch of gorgeous little charms that I’m either going to add to this bracelet or make more wrap-around charm bracelets – can’t wait! It’s such a great addition to my wrists and to the arm party, what’s not to love!?