Hong Kong’s pace of life is always in the fast lane – everything is “quick quick quick”; there’s barely enough time at the weekend and there’s always something going on at all times. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining – I was raised in this city so I’m certainly no stranger to this way of life, but sometimes it’s important to take a step back and relax. Enjoy your free time – that’s what I’m trying to say. Summer days a longer for a reason (although hovering just above the equator means our summer days only last till about 7pm) so be sure to take advantage!
This is a perfect summer lounging recipe – great on it’s own and also a perfect Summer BBQ side dish. No real cooking involved so no excuse not to give it a go!
What you need:
- 1/3 red onion – finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove – crushed
- 1 red chili – de-seeded & finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3 big watermelon slices – de-seeded & diced
- 1 big avocado – diced
- 1 heaped handful of diced Feta
- Small bunch of coriander – roughly chopped
- Mix the lime juice, vinegar, garlic, chili, sugar, salt & pepper in a bowl and add the red onion. Leave to marinate for at least 10 minutes (this will take the sharpness away from the red onion)
- Gently mix the watermelon, avocado and feta together in a bowl. Add the onion and vinegar – gently toss to mix.
This salad is so fresh and delicious it’s the perfect Summer dish. Hope you try it out for yourself – it’s well worth it!