Lately, I’ve been somewhat obsessed with jewellery wire – I love it! It’s so useful; comes in all sizes and colours and is incredibly versatile. So, heads up – there will be plenty more jewellery wire DIYs to come! This particular DIY is great a highlighting just how easy it is to make wire jewellery – all you need is a bead and some wire!
What you need:
- 10-12″ thick gold wire (I used 0.8mm)
- Amber/ Peach coloured bead (make sure the hole is big enough to fit the wire)
- Thread one end of the wire through the bead, twist the end of the wire back onto the main length, directly under the bead to hold it in place.
- Create the ring part by looping the wire around your finger (make sure it’s not too loose).
- Twist the wire back around the original twist below the bead.
- Loop the wire up and around the the bead from the base up. The wire should end up forming a “nest” around the bead.
- You can cut the wire with the pliers if you finish twisting and have lots left over. Make sure the end of the wire is tucked under the ring or else it could catch on clothing or scratch you accidentally.
This DIY is so awesome – I made two simultaneously! It’s so easy, anyone can make it – you can use any type of bead and any type of wire to suit any occasion! Go on, try it out for yourself!