I spotted this awesome statement necklace on ASOS and immediately thought to myself “now that has serious DIY potential” and it would appear that I was correct! Sometimes the big statement pieces can be a lot easier to make than the dexterous and delicate pieces – this one in particular was really simple to put together and makes a really beautiful eye-catching statement piece.
What you need:
- 7 Carabiner clips (climbing clips)
- 2 yards thick ribbon (I used a thick woven mexican print but due to the versatile nature of the necklace, you can use any colour or patterned ribbon)
- 14 big metal jump rings
- 6 medium metal jump rings
- 10-12″ big silver chain
- 2 big flat wooden beads
- 1 big silver feather pendant
- Glue gun
- Cut the ribbon into 12-14″ lengths. Using the glue gun, glue one side of a length of ribbon to a carabiner clip and continue to glue and wrap the ribbon around the entire clip. Cut off any excess ribbon at the end. Repeat with all the clips.
- Each carabiner clip should be connected to the other with two big metal jump rings.
- The clips that form the main part of the necklace should form a circle: 6 clips forming the circle and one clip dropping down vertically.
- Loop the silver chain up and through the vertical carabiner clip. Connect the end of the chain with a metal jump ring back onto the main length of the chain.
- Connect the flat wooden beads 1/3 and 2/3’s of the way down the silver chain with jump rings.
- Hook the silver pendant onto the end of the silver chain with a jump ring.
There you go – this isn’t too time consuming and by the end you’ll have a gorgeous necklace. This looks great with neutrals, works with casual or dressy attire, can perfect a boho festival look…the possibilities are endless!