These earrings are awesome, they remind me of having rooftop cocktails at sunset when the sky suddenly becomes that amazing warm orange-pink hue and let’s face it everyone looks stunning in that light of day! These are (as usual) very easy to make and are a really gorgeous statement piece, perfect for the aforementioned rooftop cocktails at sunset – beautiful!
What you need:
- 2 big round crystals (with a hole at the top)
- 2 big thin gold rings
- 2 slightly smaller flat gold rings
- 4 small gold jump rings
- 2 big gold jump rings
- 2 earring hooks
- Thin gold jewellery wire (I used 0.3mm thickness)
- Cut two pieces of jewellery wire, each about 6″ in length.
- Thread one piece of wire through the crystal, when the crystal is in the middle, use the pliers to twist the wire in order to secure the crystal.
- Place the two gold rings on top of the twist and twist the wire on top of the gold rings to secure them in place – the crystal should be in the middle of the two gold rings. Twist the wire into a loop at the top and cut off any remaining wire.
- Using one of the small jump rings, connect the crystal & rings to a big gold jump ring.
- Connect the big gold jump ring to the earring hook with another small jump ring.
- Repeat for the other earring.
A very simple DIY that has a beautiful and elegant result – you wouldn’t want to miss out on this one!