If you’re stuck on what to cook for a delicious healthy summer dinner – look no further; this recipe is yummy, low-fat, juicy and packed full of flavour!
What you need:
- 3 boneless pork chops (at least 1-1.5″ thickness)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots – finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 4 slices of pineapple – cored
- Handful of chopped green onions
- Mix together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar, shallots and garlic in a large bowl. Add in the pork chops and rub the marinade into the meat. Transfer to the fridge and leave to marinade for at least 2 hours. The flavours really soak the longer you leave the meat to marinade so you can prepare it in the morning before work and have it ready to grill in the evening!
- Either using a griddle pan on the stove, George Foreman-type grill or a BBQ; place the pork chops directly on a medium high heat for about 2 minutes on either side, then turn the heat down for another 4-5 mins.
- Move the pork chops to the side and place the pineapple rings and green onions on the grill till they have a nice char on them.
This recipe is really easy and is a perfect summer dinner dish to be served with a salad! Filling, delicious and nutritious – what’s not to love?