I had leftover beads from when I made those Mexican-inspired chandelier earrings and I also had some neon buddha beads lying around the place (can you tell that I’m a bit of an impulse shopper, especially when it comes to anything DIY/craft related?) so decided to make myself a few cute bracelets. These are great on their own, all together or stacked with other bracelets; so easy to make and great if you have leftover beads and chains that you’re not sure what to do with.
What you need:
- 3 Buddha Beads (any big beads would work if you can’t find these specific ones)
- 24 Small blue beads (again doesn’t have to be exactly the same as what I’ve used)
- 3 Medium orange beads
- 6 x One inch lengths of chain
- 3 x Two inches of jewellery wire
- 9 Metal jump rings
- 3 Metal bracelet clasps
- 3 Flat head pins
- Create a loop at the end of one of the wire lengths, string 4 blue beads onto the wire, followed by a buddha bead and finally with another 4 blue beads. Close the end of the wire with another loop.
- Attach one of the chains to one of the loops on the beaded wire using a jump ring. Attach another chain to the other side of the beaded wire using another jump ring.
- Hook a bracelet clasp onto one end of the chains using a jump ring.
- Slip a head pin through one of the medium orang beads. Hook the head pin over through the last link on the free end of the chain.
- Repeat with the two remaining bracelets.
These bracelets are really cute and fun; perfect for summer accessorizing. I just love the buddha beads, especially because they come in bright neon colours, which as you know I am all about this summer! Love it!