I found this neat little tip on Pinterest (does anyone else have a serious Pinterest addiction like I have? There are just so many gems waiting to be found, re-pinned and liked!) and thought it’s simply too easy and effective to not share with you all.
As I’ve said before, Hong Kong city-living can wreak havoc on our skin – the heat, humidity and the pollution means that we need to regularly keep up with some sort of a skincare regimen. But why shell out for expensive products when you can easily cleanse, scrub and refine using stuff from your kitchen? This pore-refining, deep cleansing peelable mask is really effective and so easy to mix together.
What you need:
- 1 teaspoon gelatin powder
- 1.5 teaspoon milk
- Thoroughly mix the gelatin and milk together in a bowl.
- Microwave the mix for 5-10 seconds.
- Leave this mix to cool slightly (it will be way too hot if you put it on your face straight away – and I mean scaldingly hot) continue to stir as it cools.
- Spread evenly over your face – you can concentrate on your T-zone or spread over your entire face. Try to keep the mix away from your hairline and eyebrows otherwise it could rip out later (ouch!)
- Leave the mix to dry for about 15 mins then peel off in strips.
This peeling mask is great – it cleans out your pores and leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft. It doesn’t smell great whilst you’re mixing it but trust me it’s worth it for how well it cleanses your face.