My love of accessories covers a very wide range – from heavy metal to the cute girly fun stuff; I simply adore jewelry; if you’re reading this blog, you probably already aware of this fact. This particular DIY tutorial is of the latter category – it’s a little bit of fun and something different.
What you need:
- 16 small pom poms
- Braided leather cord
- 2 metal securing clasps – make sure they have rings attached
- 2 metal necklace clasps
- 3 metal jump rings
- 1 small wicker ball
- Black embroidery thread
- Measure out how long you’re going to want your leather cord – it should fit around your neck with a extra slack to drop down the middle.
- Secure the ends of the leather cord with the securing clasps.
- Hook the two ends together with a jump ring, secure a necklace clasp onto the same jump ring.
- Clip the other necklace clasp onto the first one, secure a jump ring onto the end of the second necklace clasp.
- Using the embroidery thread and needle: thread three strands of 5 pom-poms each. Tie a loop at the top of each strand.
- Hook all three pom-pom strands onto a jump ring.
- Using another piece of embroidery thread, tie a loop at one end and secure it to the jump ring, linking it to the leather necklace half.
- Thread through a pom-pom and through the middle of the wicker ball. Leave an extra inch of length after the wicker ball and tie a loop at the end of the thread.
- Link the looped end of the embroidery thread to the jump ring that is holding the three strands of pom-poms.
Something a little unique for summer – loving the tie dye pom-poms!