Summers can be relentless to the upkeep of our skin, nails, lips, hair and feet – the words dry, brittle and damaged come to mind so we need to do what we can to make sure we don’t come out the end of summer needing a complete beauty reboot (although how many of us would turn down the opportunity for a full spa day to recuperate?) So, I thought I’d expand a little on the DIYing front and post a couple of beauty themed DIY tips and tricks – we all need some pampering now and then but why splash out constantly when you can easily make some of your own DIY beauty products?
This sugar scrub is awesome, I cannot stress this enough! It’s ideal for achieving silky smooth, dewy, perfect pins! Plus, one of the best parts about this DIY is that it uses items that everyone has in their kitchen – you can whip this up in 5 minutes and it will keep in a jar too so you can make extra and not worry about wasting anything.
What you need:
- 1.5 cups of granulated white sugar
- 0.5 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp citrus juice (I used lime but you can choose your fave)
- Mix the above ingredients together in a bowl.
- Run a bath or shower, soak your legs for a couple of minutes.
- Shave one leg.
- Scrub that leg with a palmful of your sugar scrub and rinse.
- Shave the same leg again (this is to remove all the dead skin that has accumulated from the scrub – be sure to rinse your razor thoroughly and regularly)
- Repeat with the other leg.
- Dry off and moisturize.
I’ve detailed the tutorial specifically for legs but this scrub can be used all over the body and it will leave your skin soft, smooth and hydrated – ready to face the heat and sun all over again!