So I’ve very clearly been quite neglectful when it comes to uploading foodspiration blogposts and writing delicious recipes. So here I am – uploading a yummy and easy recipe for Seared Blackened Salmon, perfect for a light summer dinner; great when served with a light asian pickle salad.
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cayenne
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme – chopped
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 salmon fillets
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemons – zested & juiced
- Mix the paprika, cayenne, thyme, oregano and salt in a small bowl.
- Smooth the mix out on a plate and coat the salmon fillets evenly on all sides.
- Head the oil in a large frying pan, when the oil begins to smoke, immediately turn off the heat. Add the salmon fillets one at a time.
- Turn the heat back on and cook for 2-3 minutes, on medium heat.
- Turn the salmon over and continue cooking the salmon for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Arrange the salmon on a plate, scatter with lemon zest and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.
Asian Pickle Salad
Using a potato peeler, peel strips of carrot, cucumber, radish and courgette (zucchini). Mix with sugar, rice wine vinegar, a pinch of salt and sesame oil until most of the veggies are covered. Leave to soak for at least 40 minutes then serve.