So, I recently attempted to win some girlfriend points and decided to fashion a little team spirit for the boyfriend as he’s heading off to Poland for the Euros. Whilst I myself will be a follower of St George’s flag, I wanted so show some love for the “Green Army” seeing as how the boy is Irish. Turns out, this quick little project can be easily replicated at any time, for any occasion (not necessarily sport-related).
What you need:
- Hat (whatever type you like, other than beanies – this project wouldn’t work for that style)
- 1 Yard of ribbon (whatever colour, pattern, consistency, weave or thickness you like) – on this occasion I couldn’t find an Irish flag coloured ribbon so bought three separate ribbons (you can easily do this yourself).
- Sewing Machine OR Contact Adhesive
- Glue Gun
- Measure out how long you need the ribbon to be so that it wraps tightly around the hat, leaving at least an inch of overlap and cut.
- If you’re using more than one ribbon, align them together and hold with needles. If you’re using a sewing machine, stitch the ribbons together using corresponding coloured thread. If you don’t have a sewing machine, use contact adhesive to stick the ribbons together, leave to dry.
- Plug in the glue gun and once the glue is hot enough, stick the ribbon around the hat.
And there you go – so easy to make and easy to replicate.
Hope you all enjoy the Euros! Happy DIY-ing!