Do my eyes deceive me? The sun has actually been shining in Hong Kong for more than a day or two so I’m going to go out on a limb and announce quite confidently that spring has arrived. Brace yourselves though – before you know it, summer’s oppressive heat and humidity will be upon us. Either way, I am ecstatic that warmer weather seems to be here to stay, finally I can bring out all the pastels, prints and bright colours of my wardrobe. Starting with this new DIY project – a rainbow Pom Pom clutch bag; the perfect colourful outfit addition.
As with most of my DIY projects, this one is crazy easy and takes up minimal time. It’s bright, fun and cheerful – the perfect accompaniment in the transition from dreary overcast winter to sunny spring.
What you need:
- White / Beige large clutch (Make sure to pick a clutch that has a zip across the top as opposed to a fold over flap)
- Pom Pom “ribbon” (about 5-6 yards, I bought mine from Sunrise Haberdashery on Yu Chau St) or a couple bags of pom poms (you’ll need about 60 depending on the size of the bag)
- Contact Adhesive
- Measure out the ribbon and cut out lengths that are slightly longer than the width of the clutch.
**If you’re using individual pom poms then individually stick them across the clutch in rows
- Stick each length of ribbon across the clutch. Once you’ve done one side, leave it to dry.
- Once one side of the clutch is dry, turn it over and do the same on the other side.
And there you go – how easy is that? I love that this bag is fun, quirky and colourful – I like to think of it as “clown-chic”.
Happy DIY-ing everyone!