Yes that’s right, I’ll say it again – Avocado Fries!!
How is it that I hadn’t heard about these before now? Moorish. Delicious. Addictive. Comforting. Finger-licking. Sumptuous. Melt-in-your-mouth. Delightful. Downright tasty. This dish is all this and more. By far my new favourite junk food weakness – the regularity at which I find myself in the gym has definitely increased since coming across this recipe. Even typing it out I’m suddenly craving the mélange of crispy and nutty, creamy goodness, so, I better share out this recipe before my mouth starts watering. Be warned – if you yourself are a fan of the subtle, creamy, delicious; making it into a “fry” only heightens the devotion. Of course this recipe must come with some form of a health warning – eating anything in excess, let alone anything fried is not advisable. By all means, indulge but indulge responsibly!
- One ripe avocado
- One egg, beaten
- Panko breadcrumbs (regular breadcrumbs will work well too)
- Pinch of salt
- Olive oil
- Slice the avocado into thin strips
- Dust each strip in flour, shake off excess
- Dip the flour-dusted strips in the beaten egg
- Coat the strips in breadcrumbs
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Place the strips in the oil and gently fry on either side until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil on kitchen roll and serve
So unbelievable easy and so unbelievably delicious – reason enough these morsels have become a favourite indulgence of mine. Hopefully you’ll enjoy them as much as I do!