Over Chinese New Year all I did was pretty much eat and drink. It was classic Hong Kong lifestyle – all about food and over-indulgence. As a result I’ve been trying to be good this week – eating healthy and exercising daily. That being said, I haven’t been able to totally sacrifice being a carnivore therefore I’ve had to find a bunch of low fat but meat inclusive recipes.
If you want a recipe for something quick and healthy to whip up for a midweek meal, this recipe is perfect. At only 193 calories per serving it’s low fat, delicious and incredibly easy to make. All you need are four ingredients and a grill.
- Preheat the grill to high and lightly oil a shallow oven dish with olive oil
- Put chicken breasts (one per person) in the dish, season with salt and pepper. Mix the oil and seasoning into the chicken.
- Grill the chicken for 5 minutes until the meat turns slightly opaque.
- While the chicken is grilling, slice the lemon (one slice per chicken breast)
- Take the chicken out from under the grill and turn the meat over.
- Place a slice of lemon on each chicken breast, sprinkle fresh thyme leaves and add a little bit more seasoning.
- Drizzle the chicken with 1-2tbsp honey, squeeze the remaining lemon juice over and add 2-3tbsp water.
- Return to the grill and cook for a further 10 minutes until the chicken turns all golden and sticky.
I served this healthy dish with some mash, grilled portabello mushrooms and steamed baby asparagus but you can serve it with pretty much any side dishes and veggies. If you want more of a sauce make sure to add a bit more water to the oven dish before placing under the grill.
Happy cooking & Healthy eating everyone!