As a result of the weather having been so dismal over the weekend I thought it’d be the perfect Sunday to cook brunch. For me it was a perfect Sunday in – cuddled up with a hot pot of tea and moorish baked eggs. Next time you feel like whipping up some delish comfort-food breakfast, you should definitely try this recipe.
Bacon-wrapped Baked Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 150°c and grease a muffin/cupcake tray
- Lightly fry two strips of streaky bacon per muffin cup. Make sure it’s not crispy and still pliable. Drain on kitchen roll
- Place one and a half strip of bacon in the muffin cup with the other half lining the bottom of the cup.
- Break an egg into each cup. Season with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle chopped spring onion and chopped thyme onto each egg
- Top with a pinch of grated cheese of your choice (I used a mix of mozzarella and parmesan)
- Place in the oven for 8-10 mins (depending on how runny you like the yolk)
- Scoop out with a rubber spatula and enjoy with hot buttered toast and a hot cup of tea!
These eggs are so easy to make and very versatile – you can substitute the bacon for smoked salmon baked with crumbled goats cheese and chopped dill. They’re very quick to whip up in the kitchen and not only look but taste delicious too. Happy cooking!