This is, no joke the easiest DIY I have ever done.
You know sometimes you have an idea or a picture of something in your head; you have a vague idea of how it’s going to turn out but until you actually get it done you can’t really form an opinion about whether it was a good idea or not? Well I had this particular DIY in my head for a while – I’ve often been told that hats and fascinators suit me (I’m trying not to admit to myself that it’s potentially because I have a weirdly shaped head and covering it up makes a much-needed, if not significant improvement) and whilst I absolutely adore making elegant floral ones; suitable for weddings and grown-up type shindigs; sometimes I just want to have a bit of fun and do something completely silly, eye-catching and bold! On this particular occasion, my silliness paid off – this DIY looks better than I could ever have imagined.
I recognise that it’s certainly not everyone’s cup of tea (queue my dad’s “supportive-yet-not-really-knowing-what-to-say” smile of encouragement) but for me, it’s exactly what I wanted – girly, playful, bright bold colours and most importantly a bit of fun! Never be afraid of looking silly, if you love it then that’s all that matters!…except socks with sandals; that looks simply does not work for anyone.
What you need:
- 1 thick plastic headband – ideally as close to your hair colour as possible.
- 7 big different colour fluffy pom poms
- Hot glue gun
- Plug in and wait for the glue gun to heat up – be sure to have placed it over some newspaper (I don’t feel like I need to say this but you never know…)
- Leave about 2.5-3″ slack at the bottom ends of the headband and decide the order in which you’re going to glue your pom poms.
- Once the glue is hot enough, carefully begin gluing the pom poms to the headband.
- Leave to dry.
That’s it! Seriously, how easy is that!? Less than 10 minutes and it’s finished! I love the way the pom poms sit atop my head when I’ve got the headband on; almost regal…it’s clown-chic and I love it!